|Traditional burning wax candles |
pose a serious fire risk
With safety being of paramount importance, traditional burning wax candles are a potential fire hazard.
Although candles mark special occasions and create a special atmosphere they can also bring fire into your home!
Most universities in the USA do not allow candles in dormitories for good reason: they often cause fires!
According to statistics ...
|More than 5 fires a day are started in|
the UK by candles, and the
consequences can be tragic.
- Around 1 in 3 people that were injured in a fire at home was caused by a candle fire - this makes candles the 2nd highest cause of injury after cigarette lighters.
- 3 out of 4 candles fires are categorised as severe, causing significant damage to property or injuries to people. In London there are candle fires almost every day of the year!
- There are more candle fires in December than in any other month
- 4% of all fires in the USA are caused by candles
- In 2008 candle fires in the UK caused the death of 18 people
- Around 1300 UK home fires are caused by candles each year
- In 2000 alone there were 2000 house fires caused by candles with 10 deaths and 900 people being injured.
|Perfectly safe: Advent wreath with an assortment of DigiCandles|
With no real flame to worry about, DigiCandles are perfectly safe; the mesmerising ambience they provide is as good, if not better than natural candles, for the colour can be changed at just the mere "touch of a button!"
Visit our shop!